For anyone who doesn't know the story behind Keira's nickname, Droolia, here it is. As a baby, she drooled a lot. All the time, in fact. She still does. One day, I just started calling her Droolia Drotleff - catchy, isn't it? Unfortunately, the nickname ruined my husband's affection for the name Julia so if Colin had turned out to be a girl, that name was out! So now that Colin is entering the teething stage, he has become Droolio, as he is also quite drooly.
The whole blog name is a variation of Simon & Garfunkel's song, "Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard." I chose "out in the backyard" instead, since my kids aren't in school yet and because we spend lots of time out in the backyard. And this way, I can write about gardening and other stuff, too. You'll see a lot of different topics on here, not all kid related. But it will be mostly about our family and hopefully it will allow me to jot down some of the cute stuff my kids say and do that I forget sometimes to record and to tell you all about! They are geniuses, after all, if I do say so myself! :)
Friday, July 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment